Author Topic: Simple loss recovery  (Read 24754 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
Re: Simple loss recovery
« Reply #15 on: 09 Aug 2010, 15:55 »
hi
i tried this trigger lots of times, lots of losses and wins, and it worked perfect.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #16 on: 09 Aug 2010, 16:02 »
so far so good!

• All members
« Reply #17 on: 09 Aug 2010, 18:17 »
Thanks for all your help mcbee, it's all working fine... :)

• All members
« Reply #18 on: 11 Aug 2010, 08:53 »
Hi mcbee, I ran the triggers all day yesterday but found it would not revert back to original stake after a winner  ??? but continued to rise at the specified increase... (I had to open the trigger file and "save" to reset the history to it would revertback to original stake)

Any ideas? did it revert back for you when you tried it? - very puzzled, looked at it for hours last night...

Thanks

• Élite
« Reply #19 on: 11 Aug 2010, 11:35 »
hi
very sorry about the error, my mistake.
go to the trigger that sets stake amount.
and alter the trigger expression wins is equal to 1
CHANGE THIS TO                                 is equal or greater than  1

with me setting it to equal it ment that the first win would revert back but any wins after does not equal 1, this is why it would not reset.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #20 on: 11 Aug 2010, 11:58 »
Hi mcbee, please don't be sorry, I would never have got this far without you!

I've changed it, but if I'm honest I still don't see why it didn't work? It didn't go back even after the 1st win?

The only other differences I've put in are:  VALUE - total_funds*0.01 (instead of £5) - should I have the word "stake" before total_funds*0.01? - don't think so, but still can't see why it won't revert back to original stake after 1 win...

Many thanks once again for your patience...

• All members
« Reply #21 on: 11 Aug 2010, 12:03 »
Hi mcbee, what about setting the win/lose history with a condition to reset after 1 win as well as after so many loses?

• Élite
« Reply #22 on: 11 Aug 2010, 12:20 »
hi
yes  you could do that.
OR trigger expression  wins   is equal or greater than 1.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #23 on: 20 Sep 2010, 12:34 »
Hi Mcbee, an update to the triggers you helped me with....

They have worked very well after I wrestled with the various conditions needed to bring it to the manual system I was using before - this being easier said than done (for me anyway).

My bank for this system has increased by 37% in 3 full weeks, this is higher than I would have liked, which may sound odd, but this is because the triggers have not always re-set in time after a "carry over loss" win and have then increased again (due to the loss 2 races before) and then gone on to win again, which is of concern because I am being exposed to unnecessary liability, but there is nothing I can do about that, except start with a smaller % of bank as my initial stake.

My other problem has been what has happened above but in a losing cycle, if the increase in the cycle has not been confirmed as a win/loss the stake increases past the maximum I have allowed (based on % of bank) yesterday I had an increase in stake 2 x higher than my cycle allowed, because there were a lot of races close together and the results had not been confirmed before my bets were placed, I saw this happen and managed to cancel all the bets before any were matched and manually reset the triggers, as sods law would have it, the bet would have won, but I was being exposed to way to much liability.

Is there a way I can modify the existing trigger 'win/lose history' to reset after 'x' win/number of increases so that I can not exceed the maximum 'x' number of increases, if the win/loss results have not com in?

Does that make sense?!

Thanks,
Mark.

• Élite
« Reply #24 on: 20 Sep 2010, 13:29 »
hi
i have been looking back at the triggers but i have messed about with them and changed this and that.
does your trigger have   action   activate trigger/block, if so then change these from once per market to   no more often than   and set to  1 sec.
this will monitor the results every second and if a result is late, but before the bet is placed then the trigger will activate.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #25 on: 20 Sep 2010, 13:57 »
Hi, I had changed the 'update account statement every 4 seconds' in the 'settings' tab to keep it up to date, but often a race starts before the next is settled, even when there is no stewards enquiry etc. sometimes 2 races can start at the same time on a busy day...

The trigger I think I need to modify is the reset win/lose history which currently has a condition of "Trigger expression losses is equal or greater than 5" this needs to reset after a max of 5 increases, regardless of whether there is a winner or loser, because yesterday it increased my stake by 7 times! all because the previous results were delayed toward the end of the cycle. It didn't know if there was a 5th loser, so kept on increasing the stake by the specified amount.

Mark

• Élite
« Reply #26 on: 20 Sep 2010, 14:12 »
hi
but the problem is still the late results, because that trigger wont activate until it records 5 losses.
how many back triggers is in the block.

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #27 on: 21 Sep 2010, 10:41 »
hi
your reset win/lose history trigger needs another condition
you need to add a block with 1 condition
trigger expression wins is equal or greater than 1
add another block with 2 conditions
OR for the 2nd block
trigger expression losses is equal or greater than 4
AND trigger/block (the name or number of your betting trigger) has been executed
then delete the 2 old conditions
save
this will reset the win/lose history when the 5th bet has been placed, as you dont need the result from this because win or lose you want to start from the begining.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #28 on: 21 Sep 2010, 12:55 »
Hi mcbee, sorry for the late reply, I had to leave yesterday and didn't return until late...

Thanks for the help again, my win/lose history trigger only has 1 condition, not 2 as you have said to delete? (Trigger Expression losses is equal or greater than 5) - just a thought, should that be 4? - The win condition is in the user variable trigger.

When I returned last night I had a loss once again, - (2 days on the trot, rare but has happened before) my 'increase stake user variable' had increased 6 times making the loss higher than it should have been, although I was lucky as only 1 match had occurred, because the lay stake had matched in 2 separate parts. This does bring me on to my other small problem, as my stakes increase in size I am not always managing to get the 2 different selections matched that I require for this to work properly (based on my manual system). What often happens is 1 of the bets will only get partially matched, or only 1 selection will get matched in 2 parts, both options then trigger the cancel all remaining bets, before I have 2 complete stakes matched. Is there a simple condition to add to the "cancel lay" trigger to only cancel when either only 2 selections bets are fully matched, or cancel all except remaining portion of partially matched bet(s) and not to read 1 selection matched in 2 or more parts as 'markets number of matched lay bets is =>2?

Mark

• Élite
« Reply #29 on: 21 Sep 2010, 13:43 »
hi
it is difficult without the triggers to flow chart, but you could try in the cancel, a conditon, and fitting selections back matched is equal to stake.

mcbee

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE