Author Topic: Simple loss recovery  (Read 24750 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Re: Simple loss recovery
« Reply #30 on: 21 Sep 2010, 15:28 »
Hi, tried that, although I put "and fitting selections lay matched is equal to stake" as it's 2 lay selections I'm trying to match and the remaining lay bets to cancel, but the cancel trigger would not fire at all with this condition in...

• Élite
« Reply #31 on: 21 Sep 2010, 16:46 »
hi
is stake is still your variable for the betting amount.
try using this
and trigger expression  lay_matched is equal to stake
this give total matched for the lay bets in the market

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #32 on: 22 Sep 2010, 11:51 »
thanks mcbee, I'll try that today...

• All members
« Reply #33 on: 23 Sep 2010, 10:48 »
Hi mcbee, no, it didn't work? The cancel trigger would not fire at all until I deleted this condition... it looks the perfect solution, so I'm baffled why...

my only other conditon in the cancel lay trigger is "and markets number of matched lay bets is equal or greater than 2"

• Élite
« Reply #34 on: 23 Sep 2010, 11:00 »
hi
check your action log file to see if there was a problem.
also monitor the variables, ie stake and lay_matched.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #35 on: 23 Sep 2010, 11:11 »
Hi, I checked the action log at the time, no cancel lay was triggered...

If I click on the individual log for the trigger I get a message saying "the file path etc. etc. is not found" and that goes for ANY trigger... I do not have an office prog on this laptop, I use it purely to run MFP...Once I deleted that condition it triggered fine.

I've now almost recouped sun/mon losses, but still the odd time the whole stake is not getting matched, which will only get worse as the bank grows....

• Élite
« Reply #36 on: 23 Sep 2010, 11:48 »
hi
do you use     match lay unmatched bets    , at a set time before the off.

mcbee

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #37 on: 23 Sep 2010, 13:27 »
If I click on the individual log for the trigger I get a message saying "the file path etc. etc. is not found" and that goes for ANY trigger...

Hi

Please check the settings ... Trigger Options tab ... make sure that log information about triggers is ticked.

I get the error above when this option is not ticked!
Fortune favors the brave!

• Élite
« Reply #38 on: 23 Sep 2010, 14:24 »
hi
the reason why you are getting this message, is because you have copied the mfp file and pasted into a new folder, what you should do is install a new mfp bot into a new folder.
or give the location details in all the log file locations.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #39 on: 23 Sep 2010, 21:12 »
Sorry, just got home, I'm working all day tomorrow as well, so won't be able to check things until the wekend...

I wasn't aware I'd copied MFP, I just downloaded it from the site and I've never moved or changed the folder name? But I will try what you suggest over the weekend...

Many thanks

• Élite
« Reply #40 on: 24 Sep 2010, 06:51 »
hi
when you install, dont forget to do ALL your old settings in the new settings screen.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #41 on: 25 Sep 2010, 00:36 »
Hi all

Is there any attachment in this thread? i can find the trigger mcbee supplied.

Thanks

• All members
« Reply #42 on: 27 Sep 2010, 19:21 »
Hi mcbee,

I'm having no end of trouble with this software, I have 2 options, run this system manually or I send the trigger block to you, for some reason on the 1st lay stake it places the correct amount, but on the 2nd it often (not every time ???) lays an amount which is exactly the "stake" x 1.20 x 1.20, in other words it jumps what should be the first increase and moves straight on to the next, it did it on the 2nd race today, when there was only 1 (losing) history showing? I then watched each successive increase and manually finished the cycle early as the stake would have been the equivalent of a 6 x increase (too much liability) of course this was a winner and would have given me the desired profit if my stakes had increased as they should have done, but because I had manually returned the stake back to the 1st amount it didn't come close to covering my lose, I still didn't make it back after 3 more winners.

This happens nearly everyday at the moment, there is no logical reason why...

A couple of weeks ago I tried another version of MFP on trial with another account and set a simple trigger to dutch lay 1st,2nd,3rd fav in the place market, set max liability to £2 (to lose) I knew this would return a loss but just wanted to see if the dutching trigger worked okay on the least liability I could, it ran as expected for 28 races (busy day) and was returning a small loss of just over £4 for the day then on the 29th race it dutched a total of £114 for a liability of £155, I missed this race in running and only saw it after the race had finished and had no time to manually trade out my liability, as it happened I was very, very lucky, I won all 3 bets, but that wasn't the point the software malfunctioned and I dare not use a 2nd license to do another manual system I use and I'm having 2nd thoughts about this one!   

• Élite
« Reply #43 on: 27 Sep 2010, 19:56 »
hi
it is hard to investigate the problem because i dont know what you have added etc.
but you could try to set the stake*1.2 trigger to (ticked) individually for each market.
i am at the moment trying the D'Alembert trigger and that was doing the same it should go 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 but it when 1,2,3,5,7,9 so i changed the trigger to individually for each market, and it is working ok now.

mcbee

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #44 on: 27 Sep 2010, 20:20 »
Demon contact support.
Fortune favors the brave!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE