Author Topic: Simple loss recovery  (Read 24752 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Simple loss recovery
« on: 09 Aug 2010, 12:10 »
Hi, can anyone help me to increase my previous bet size by 1.2 after each race, regardless of result, but revert back to original stake after a winner or 4 consecutive increases?

In other words bet £5, £6, £7.20, £8.64, £10.37, £5 etc. or revert back to £5 after a winner during the sequence.

I do not want to wait for the previous result before placing the next bet.

Hope you can help, it's causing me a big headache!  ???

• Élite
Re: Simple loss recovery
« Reply #1 on: 09 Aug 2010, 13:29 »
hi
i have tested this trigger and it does what you want, just copy it to your trigger and then where amount is in your bet trigger, put stake, it would be better if you make sure that this set of triggers are before your bet trigger.
i have had to use the reset win/lose history after 4 losses.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 09 Aug 2010, 13:54 »
Many thanks Mcbee!

I have just had a look at your triggers and realised I should have mentioned it's an in-play system which lays all selections at specific odds (place market) and then cancels remaining bets after 2 matches...

How can I incorporate specific odds using the user variables you have created... (sorry I've not used them before, hence why I am struggling no doubt!)

Cheers, Mark

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 09 Aug 2010, 14:06 »
Ignore me for a few minutes mcbee, I'm still working on what you've given me!

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 09 Aug 2010, 14:09 »
hi
open my trigger and press copy.
then open your trigger and press paste block
then move the triggers 1 at a time to above your bet trigger, you do this by moving the mouse pointer to the empty space next to the edit near conditions, keep left mouse button pressed then move to the trigger above your bet trigger, when you have moved all 3, then press the delete button on the empty block.
then just type stake in place of your bet amount.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 09 Aug 2010, 14:23 »
I feel very stupid, thanks again, I have just re-written my triggers, I didn't realise I could paste on to an existing block  ::)

I'll let you know how I get on... :)

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 09 Aug 2010, 15:11 »
well the 1st race went okay and lost, 2nd race did not fire the bet trigger? I checked the triggers again and all were ok, 3rd race did not fire, but I checked the log and the "increase stake after loss:user variable on selection(s) favourite in market all markets" did trigger.

I suspect the problem is to do with SELECTIONS option on the user variable triggers, I have just changed this to ALL SELECTIONS and await the next race...

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 09 Aug 2010, 15:17 »
hi
if you post the trigger i can have a quick look and alter whatever needs altering, use the additional options at the bottom of the reply screen.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 09 Aug 2010, 15:19 »
well once again the increase stake after loss trigger fired (for all selections this time) but the original trigger of mine did not - amount field has "stake" in it  ???

any ideas?

• Élite
« Reply #9 on: 09 Aug 2010, 15:22 »
hi
you have typed stake and not "stake" , have you.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 09 Aug 2010, 15:29 »
yes, stake  (no quotation marks)

• Élite
« Reply #11 on: 09 Aug 2010, 15:41 »
hi
it is important that the triggers i sent are in the order i set them.and you must start with a new statement, otherwise the first stake amount wont setup.
i have looked at the trigger and if you start with losses then the first stake amount cannot set, so this is the problem, just delete the statement and all will work as it should.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 09 Aug 2010, 15:47 »
Sorted!

I changed the USER VARIABLE "Increase stake after loss" VALUE from stake*1.20 to £5*1.20 and it fired okay.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 09 Aug 2010, 15:49 »
ah, just seen your last reply, that makes sense too, in fact mine's not going to work as it won't increase past the current stake... ::)

I am learning.... (very slowly)

• Élite
« Reply #14 on: 09 Aug 2010, 15:51 »
hi
it will be easier to add a new trigger.
so press add trigger, then
action    reset win/lose history
markets ALL                                  selections  favourite
market status  ALL
execute   one time only
no conditions.

this will reset the win/lose history when the trigger first starts.

mcbee

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE