Author Topic: MarketFeeder Pro 8.0 - BETA testing  (Read 184244 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
Re: MarketFeeder Pro 8.0 - BETA testing
« Reply #285 on: 14 Nov 2014, 12:34 »
Hi have noticed in the program log every bet below the minimum says unmatched even if it is matched, didn't use ver 7 so don't know if that has always been the case

There is no way to tell whether a small bet is matched or unmatched immediately after placing it. It's different with bets of normal size.

alfaman, armarni, rubold, I'm working on the pending issues you pointed to.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Administrator
« Reply #286 on: 14 Nov 2014, 12:36 »
Program Update

Bugs & problems fixed:

Market Locator

- The option "Any Selection's Name contains values in file" was not working properly
- Occasional crash when closing down the window

Time Machine

- Markets were not being settled
- The betting code was not being determined for Over/Under markets
- Incorrect back price 3 (the third best price)

Account Statement

- TOO_MANY_RECORDS error is fixed

Ladder

- Matched amounts for best three prices were displayed differently in market view and in the Ladder (different price rollup was applied)

Additions & Improvements

- Market Locator - Max number of markets to search has been increased to 300
- Account Statement - records are sorted by time and selection
- Added a variable market_country that returns the letter code of the country where the market takes place.

Current version is 8.0.0.7.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #287 on: 14 Nov 2014, 12:39 »

alfaman, armarni, rubold, I'm working on the pending issues you pointed to.

Oxa, please read my last post before you spend any time.  I seem to have resolved it and just querying if there was a change from Ver 7.?

• All members
« Reply #288 on: 15 Nov 2014, 09:34 »
Hi

I have a virtual private server with three different instances of MFP8 (v 8.0.0.7). I recive frequent error messages "feeder8: abnormal program termination", or the program quit without messages. I thought it might depend on the large number of markets and then I down the time interval in market locator, and run the market locator every hour, but the error persists.

I never encountered this problem with MFP7.

Thank you for support
Diego

• All members
« Reply #289 on: 15 Nov 2014, 15:21 »
OK, still grappling with some test mode statements.

Yesterday (14th) I carried out testing and previous statements with the same profile were available, hence my posts stating I thought I had resolved the problems.

Last night after racing I installed the update, launched in TM mode (not TM only as Tim Vetrov seems to believe) and ordered some markets - see Time Machine thread.

Today I launched in Betfair Mode, with the same profile but yesterday's test statement and previous test statements using MFPro8 were not available.  From this evidence it appears that after updating the program, test statements are lost.  

Also sent an email to support about the TM situation and no automated reply giving a ticket number has been received.  Is this system still working?

• Élite
« Reply #290 on: 15 Nov 2014, 15:25 »
Just a word of warning to others - Betfair have just helped themselves to £233 of my 'hard won' for transaction charges for yesterday.  You may wish to look into your settings as they give no warning of this, my account just fell between races today and I had to log in on the website to find why.

:'(

• All members
« Reply #291 on: 15 Nov 2014, 15:45 »
Just a word of warning to others - Betfair have just helped themselves to £233 of my 'hard won' for transaction charges for yesterday.  You may wish to look into your settings as they give no warning of this, my account just fell between races today and I had to log in on the website to find why.

:'(

That's horrible Alfaman

How is it possible when they have clearly stated that the new API is free of request limits until at least January of next year, when they will announce what, if any, limits will apply.

https://api.developer.betfair.com/services/webapps/docs/display/1smk3cen4v3lu3yomq5qye0ni/API-NG+Overview

section Benefits & Features  

• Élite
« Reply #292 on: 15 Nov 2014, 15:49 »
This was the 1000 transactions per hour rule which I apparently, according to the judge and jury (no evidence required) yesterday.

Also the test statement is still not settling most races and then some incorrectly.

Oxa, please could you clearly state what settings I need to get it to settle in test in line with betfair and at the end (settlement) of each race as I cannot get it to do it.

Also the live statement is not in a crazy topsy turvy order (8.0.0.7).

• All members
« Reply #293 on: 15 Nov 2014, 16:24 »
There was a question in this thread about the 1000/hour limit and Oxa stated that this limit was observed by the program, hence why the setting had been removed from Connection Monitor.   Although this must mean that if you are running more than one instance, then the limit could be exceeded.  Something that hasn't been thought of possibly?

• Élite
« Reply #294 on: 15 Nov 2014, 16:34 »
Yes, its my fault, coupled with a lack of knowledge of how they work.

I have always (since losing money a few times) run a separate profile on a second laptop to green-up my bets before the start just in case the main laptop has shutdown - so they cannot know what each on is doing I suppose.  (refresh 4 seconds)

I have now set the green-up profile to 200 transactions per hour and the main one to 800 per hour.

What I cannot see is how many transactions have been placed in the last hour.

• All members
« Reply #295 on: 15 Nov 2014, 17:44 »

Also the test statement is still not settling most races and then some incorrectly.

I have found in test that if you dont delete any markets, then pressing the reset button on any markets that haven't settled usually then gives the correct result and records it in the statement.  If the market goes green in colour and doesn't immediately produce a result then pressing reset again produces a random result, so right click the settle button and manually select the winners.

Its a bit of a rough and ready solution until Oxa can work out why the test results arent settling properly.

• Élite
« Reply #296 on: 15 Nov 2014, 17:50 »
Thanks - I have found that if you do reset the market,  and if you know the winner,  (Twitter is good for the top 3 as and when they happen) you can manually select it by right clicking the settle button ten choosing Select Winner.

« Reply #297 on: 15 Nov 2014, 18:38 »
Hi,
I have found in test that if you dont delete any markets, then pressing the reset button on any markets that haven't settled usually then gives the correct result and records it in the statement.  If the market goes green in colour and doesn't immediately produce a result then delete it and give it up as a lost cause as pressing reset again produces a random result.

Its a bit of a rough and ready solution until Oxa can work out why the test results arent settling properly.

I have been testing on the greyhounds every day all week. The only change I have made is to only load markets that are 5 minutes apart. The results have been settled quickly and correctly and the statements are fine. Two profiles, both 100%correct. I can post the settings I have if they are of any use.

Larp

• All members
« Reply #298 on: 15 Nov 2014, 18:38 »
So strange, my test statments are always settled perfectly, but the program seems to lose previous days, after an update and reinstall, as I described in my recent post.

• All members
« Reply #299 on: 15 Nov 2014, 20:22 »
Hi,
I have been testing on the greyhounds every day all week. The only change I have made is to only load markets that are 5 minutes apart. The results have been settled quickly and correctly and the statements are fine. Two profiles, both 100%correct. I can post the settings I have if they are of any use.

Larp

Hi larp,

If you get the chance to post your settings to see if there,s a key difference between yours and mine that would be useful.  Alfaman and I seem to be getting an identical problem with test results in horse races and my profile was copied over from my vers 7 one which worked flawlessly. (I didn't copy the profile, I recreated it in version 8 )

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE